Human Resources/Workers Compensation Specialist
We have an immediate need for a skilled, Bi-lingual, Human Resources Specialist with a minimum of 3 years of experience in all aspects of human resources including: benefits, leave of absence, and workers’ compensation administration.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Specialist (“HRSP”) interacts and functions cooperatively with all branches and all levels of the organization. The HRSP participates in the administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices including, but not limited to: new hire onboarding, benefits, leaves of absence, performance appraisals, workers compensation, and general employee services. Must be bilingual (English/Spanish), accurate, and attentive to detail. This position is located at the corporate office in Corona, CA and will provide support to multiple locations in an assigned region.
- Administers benefits programs, including open enrollment, new hires, changes, and terminations for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, Colonial, FSA, Employee Purchase Program, etc.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of applicable status changes.
- Audits current benefit offerings and billing statements; prepares and communicates analysis of current offerings.
- Assists with drafting and disseminating benefits-related communications.
- Identifies, calculates, and communicates to LOA employees the benefit premiums that are due to continue coverage while on unpaid leave of absence.
- Maintains and organizes employee benefit files and records
- Responds to benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution
Leaves of Absence
- Provides accurate and timely communication to employees regarding leave policies, appropriate leave protections, use of paid time off, and short-term disability benefits.
- Performs accurate calculation of leave durations and sends leave of absence information and documentation to the employee.
- Maintains accurate documentation of leaves of absence.
- Coordinates and communicates the employee’s return to work among all parties on a need-to-know basis.
- Facilitates distribution of communications related to Performance Management, including schedule, review forms, and merit worksheets.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of all approved documentation; including entering status changes in HRIS
- Collects and audits completed performance evaluation forms. Maintains documentation in accordance with TWI policies and procedures.
Safety & Workers’ Compensation
- Coordinates with Branch Operations Management to ensure the company is complaint with required safety training at each location to include current team members and any new team members.
- Administers Workers’ Compensation claims and procedures.
- Facilitates gathering documentation of accident/incident investigations and reports for insurance carrier.
- Maintains internal incident log and prepares employee statistics for government reporting.
- Completes required outbound OSHA reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitates branch inspection audits, communicate results and requirements for follow-up.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire safety training.
- Coordinates location training initiatives determined by Human Resource Manager
- Ensures sign-in sheets are present and collected the end of each session.
- Maintains training logs and records in electronic or paper format, as appropriate.
- Maintains an updated schedule of required training subjects and resources to ensure training is completed effectively
Employee Services / General HR Administration
- Prepares new hire personnel documentation, benefits forms, and safety related documentation. Facilitates delivery to remote branches.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Presents new hire documentation, benefits offerings, and new hire safety training.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the organization’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Coordinates and communicates with Human Resources Manager, Management, and/or Payroll about personnel changes of status including leaves of absence, title changes, transfers, address changes, and benefit changes.
- Coordinates employee terminations with Human Resources Manager. Prepares termination kits and updates HRIS. Maintains documentation in accordance with TWI policies and procedures.
- Responds to unemployment claims. Consults with Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
- Orders business cards for applicable positions.
- Prepares Fed-Ex labels for outgoing packages.
- Maintains office supplies and operation of office equipment.
- May travel to multiple branches, as needed.
- May provide general administrative support to Leadership team at Corporate Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, three to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations (minimum of 3 years)
- Working knowledge of Workers’ Compensation administration (minimum of 3 years)
- Proficient on Microsoft Office and ADP Workforce Now
- Bilingual Spanish required - must be able to speak, read, and write
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Professional oral and written communication skills and listening skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in strict confidence and with great sensitivity
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment with ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
We value adaptability, needed to navigate growth and change. If you believe you have skills that will help us achieve our goals, we gladly welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.Apply Now!