AM Shift Supervisor (Phoenix, AZ)
Tire's Warehouse is hiring an experienced A.M. Shift Supervisor for it's Phoenix, AZ location!
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager or Assistant Branch Operations Manager, this position is involved in day-to-day operations of their assigned branch, particularly in relation to the facility, the premise, customer service, and logistics. Additionally, this highly responsible position serves the Distribution Manager in any duty assigned and oversight of all forklift operators.
Responsibilities for the Shift Supervisor are broad based. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively manages and oversees his/her employees
- Ensures that tires are loaded and unloaded according to company policy
- Works with a direct team of employees to effectively manage the stocking and pulling of tires by brand and size, with an emphasis on organization and clarity.
- Overseeing stock control and processing of orders. Research variances thru stock checks, working with the warehouse manager to finalize discrepancies
- Maintains a clean working environment; in all areas of the warehouse.
- Maintain standards of health, safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Strictly enforces company safety and procedural policies.
- Coordinate and handle the posting and finalizing of all PM transactions relating to cross dock, special orders, and stock transfers.
- Maintain a secure building, following all company guidelines regarding alarm and security.
- Works closely with the Warehouse Manager to coordinate Fleet repairs, both forklift and truck. Communicates daily with warehouse employees and drivers to immediately address any safety related issues with the fleet.
- Communicate daily with CSR staff on issues relating to customer orders
- This job supervises all warehouse workers
- Supervisory experience
- Computer literate
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, reach, move 50lbs + consistently
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in the field or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Tire Industry knowledge preferred