Desktop Support Specialist
The Desktop Support Specialist will provide day to day hands on support for end users laptops/desktops, servers, mobile devices, printers, peripherals and applications. The Desktop Support Specialist will interface directly with internal customers and various departments, troubleshooting user issues to resolutions. Other areas are LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, anti-virus & image management, application installs, user support & training and other functions as assigned.
- Responsible for the setup, installation, maintenance and upgrades of computer hardware (including desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and other peripheral equipment) and software components including analysis of user needs and verifying inventory
- Records and maintains asset information as it pertains to the Desktop Computing area at all points during the life cycle of the device (order, receiving, stock, deployment, move, retirement, and swap)
- Works closely with the Sr. Systems Engineer to develop “Zero Administration” initiatives to centralize distribution of software to desktops
- Provides subject matter expertise in resolving incidents and problems and takes the lead in diagnosis and troubleshooting of PC technologies
- Participates in planning, designing, and implementing client/server based solutions (e.g. print* solutions)
- Responsible for the build, development, troubleshooting and testing of computer images for desktop and laptop computers
- Contributes to the project planning of hardware and software procurement process
- Participates in developing and implementing automation as applicable
- Provides server administration functions for Active Directory, file shares, central Antivirus server, software license servers, etc.
- Update and maintain applicable adds, changes, and deletions
- Responsible for Zendesk ticketing system administration, configuration, as well as Tier 1/2 support and triage
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources
- Performs PC hardware warranty repair as required
- Provides timely and relevant updates to end users
- Recommends procedure modifications or improvements
- Duties may include work outside normal working hours and intermittent travel to company branch locations.
- Preserves and grows knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services
- Advanced knowledge of computer imaging, restoration, recovery, backup, software/hardware diagnostics, and expert troubleshooting skills required.
- Expertise maintaining and developing a Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure required.
- Advanced understanding of networking/security concepts, policies, and technologies required.
- Advanced experience with PC and Mac hardware troubleshooting and repair required.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
- Must have Ticketing System administration experience (ZenDesk preferred)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, presentation skills, and superior customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritize effectively without continuous supervision
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to interface, work and communicate with people of varied backgrounds and at all levels
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred and/or Microsoft Certified Professional certification (MTA, MCSA) or equivalent experience and knowledge and/or a minimum of five years’ experience in Windows and Mac desktop administration, deployment, and troubleshooting
- Experience working in a diverse, heterogeneous computing environment required.
- Repetitive motions sitting at a keyboard
- Rising and sitting repeatedly
- Climbing stairs and walking to other offices
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop and reach to utilize 4-drawer file cabinets
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (951) 405-6577 for additional details.Apply Now!